Area(s) of Expertise
Rebecca Brame Carpenter is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group at Gardere. She provides counsel to private equity funds, hedge funds, investment advisers, family offices, and private companies on a wide range of complex business matters, including fund formation, regulatory compliance matters (SEC, CFTC, and state), mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance.
Clients and Matters
- Represented private equity firms and hedge fund managers in their regulatory obligations, including filing Form ADV and Form PFs.
- Represented Louisiana-based investment manager in the launch of its hedge fund and in its registration as an investment adviser with the Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions.
- Represented Panama-based investment manager in the formation of its gold fund, utilizing a master feeder structure with the master fund based in the Cayman Islands.
- Represented venture capital firm in filing as an exempt reporting adviser.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented high-performance mechanical production company in its $38 million acquisition of a heating, ventilation and cooling company.
- Represented a Texas-based recycling company in its acquisition of an Oklahoma competitor.
- Represented information technology company in its acquisition by a New York family office.
Securities and Corporate Governance
- Represented OTCQB-listed nutritional supplement company in its Schedule 14A and Form 10-Q reporting.
- Represented hedge fund manager in its Schedule 13D filing.
- Represented licensors and licensees in skin care technology ventures.
- Represented known actors in formation of entity for use in charitable calendar project.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, cum laude (2012)
- Articles Editor, SMU Law Review Journal
- Recognized, Dean's List (Fall 2010, Fall 2011, Spring 2012)
- Public Service Chair, Aggie Law Students Association
- B.A., Texas A&M University, magna cum laude (2009)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, Texas Aggie Bar Association