Area(s) of Expertise
Rebecca Brame is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group at Gardere. She provides counsel to private equity funds, hedge funds, investment advisers, family offices, and private companies on a wide range of complex business matters, including fund formation, regulatory compliance matters (SEC, CFTC, and state), mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance.
Clients and Matters
- Represented private equity firms and hedge fund managers in their regulatory obligations, including filing Form ADV and Form PFs.
- Represented Louisiana-based investment manager in the launch of its hedge fund and in its registration as an investment adviser with the Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions.
- Represented Panama-based investment manager in the formation of its gold fund, utilizing a master feeder structure with the master fund based in the Cayman Islands.
- Represented venture capital firm in filing as an exempt reporting adviser.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented high-performance mechanical production company in its $38 million acquisition of a heating, ventilation and cooling company.
- Represented a Texas-based recycling company in its acquisition of an Oklahoma competitor.
- Represented information technology company in its acquisition by a New York family office.
Securities and Corporate Governance
- Represented OTCQB-listed nutritional supplement company in its Schedule 14A and Form 10-Q reporting.
- Represented hedge fund manager in its Schedule 13D filing.
- Represented licensors and licensees in skin care technology ventures.
- Represented known actors in formation of entity for use in charitable calendar project.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, cum laude (2012)
- Articles Editor, SMU Law Review Journal
- Recognized, Dean's List (Fall 2010, Fall 2011, Spring 2012)
- Public Service Chair, Aggie Law Students Association
- B.A., Texas A&M University, magna cum laude (2009)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, Texas Aggie Bar Association