|Practices and Industries
||News and Events
Orin H. Lewis
Wells Fargo Plaza, Suite 3400
Area(s) of Expertise
Orin Lewis has a broad-based litigation practice with a primary focus on commercial disputes, including general contractual disputes, insurance coverage disputes, business torts, RICO, and securities litigation. He has also been involved in a series of parallel proceedings in the banking, energy, and health care industries, including both civil matters and criminal investigations.
Clients and Matters
Mr. Lewis has handled commercial litigation for the following clients:
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Cardtronics Inc.
- Community Health Systems Inc.
- Crimson Exploration Inc.
- Gulf Atlantic Operations LLC
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
- H&N Gas Ltd.
- JFP Energy Inc.
- SFX Entertainment Inc.
Mr. Lewis’ representative matters include:
- Representation of hospital and its affiliates in RICO suit and related claims arising from conduct of former CEO who plead guilty to bribery scheme at hospital.
- Representation of ATM provider in insurance coverage dispute arising from loss of cash in possession of armored car company.
- Representation of former CEO of power marketing subsidiary in suit by SEC and private class actions, including securities and ERISA class actions.
- Representation of former CEO of publicly traded bank in securities class action and in related investigations by various government agencies.
- Baylor College of Medicine, et al v. Jeffrey Auerbach, et al.: Client sued former patent attorney (and the law firms for which he worked) for damages arising from failure to identify co-inventor on patents.
- Gulf Atlantic Operations, LLC v. Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, et al.: Client sued insurers that declined to pay damages arising out of Hurricane Katrina. Substantial recovery for client.
- Dresser-Rand Company v. Virtual Automation, Inc., et al.: Company sued client, vendor of company, for RICO violations and fraud in connection with alleged scheme by company’s former employee to misappropriate trade secrets.
- Pilgrim's Pride v. Ace American Insurance Co.: Client sued insurer that declined to pay damages arising out of product recall. Substantial recovery for client.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law (1994)
- Member, Order of the Coif
- B.S., University of Houston, magna cum laude (1990)
Publications and Speeches
- Author, The Wild Card That Is the Public Interest: Putting a New Face on the Fourth Preliminary Injunction Factor, 72 Tex. L. Rev. 849, 1994 (cited in 42 Am. Jur. 2d., Injunctions § 36 n.23, 2000.).
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Recognized, Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas Magazine (2012)
- Director, Casa El Buen Samaritano
- Manager, Challenger Division Team, West University Little League
- Children's Teacher/Leader, Bible Study Fellowship
- Deacon, West University Baptist Church