|Practices and Industries
||News and Events
Kevin L. Kelley
Thanksgiving Tower, Suite 3000
1601 Elm Street
Area(s) of Expertise
For over 25 years, Kevin Kelley has represented owners, developers, lenders and foreign investors in all facets of complex commercial real estate transactions. He is the practice group leader for Gardere’s Real Estate Practice Group, a former member of the Firm’s Management Committee, and is a past chair of the Firm's Partner Compensation Committee.
Mr. Kelley has been consistently recognized as a leading lawyer in the field of real estate law by publications such as Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America, The Legal 500, Texas Super Lawyers and D Magazine's The Best Lawyers in Dallas.
Mr. Kelley is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Clients and Matters
Mr. Kelley's clients range from individual and private businesses to Fortune 500® companies, institutional lenders and equity funds. Transactions range from the development, leasing, sale and acquisition of all types of commercial properties, including hotels and mixed-use projects, to loan workouts, restructures and foreclosures. Mr. Kelley also acts as counsel for construction lenders and equity investors.
Mr. Kelley’s representative clients have included:
- AMB Institutional Realty Advisors
- AMR Corporation
- AMRESCO Capital L.P.
- BBVA Compass
- Carrington Laboratories Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Citizens Bank of Massachusetts
- E2M Partners
- Hudson Advisors LLC
- Lexington Realty Trust
- Macluan Capital Corp.
- Macfarlan Capital Partners
- Mayfield Properties L.P.
- Plains Capital Bank
- Shiels Medical Properties Corp.
- Tech Data Corp.
- Texas Capital Bank
- The England Group
- The Inland Real Estate Group Inc.
- Western International
- J.D., St. Mary's University School of Law (1985)
- Articles Editor, St. Mary's Law Journal
- B.B.A., Texas Christian University, with honors (1981)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Board Certified, Commercial Real Estate, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Recognized, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Tom Wicker ed., Chambers & Partners) (2004-2014)
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers in America (Steven Naifeh & Gregory White Smith eds., Woodward/White Inc.) (2013-2015)
- Real Estate Law
- Leisure and Hospitality Law
- Recognized, Texas Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Monthly (each year since its first publication in 2003)
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2007-2014)
- Recognized, The Legal 500 United States (2011, 2013)
- Recognized, AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell® PEER REVIEW RATINGS™
- Recipient, Volunteer of the Year Award, Arthritis Foundation, North Texas Chapter
- Member, Salesmanship Club of Dallas
- Board Member, Charitable Golf of Dallas (2012-present)
- Chair, Web.com Tour Championship (2012)
- Vice Chair, HP Byron Nelson Championship (2009-2011)
- Chair, Legal Committee (2010)
- Board Member, Youth and Family Centers (2006-2009)
- Member, Membership Committee (2005)
- Member, The Real Estate Council